Friday, February 22, 2008

What a week

What a week for a major reality check. Life is too short. It is hard to balance your life. What I do know is you need to keep focus on what is important in life, your family, your self esteem, your happiness. I had a dear friend pass away unexpectedly this week. He was 43. He and his family were at my wedding and we can't understand why he died. The autopsy has no reason, now comes in CSI. I also learned that as humans, when we see someone in trouble, we need to stop and ask if they are ok. He may have lived if someone had done that. Thats another story. What a shame, a life cut so short, so tragically, he will be so missed. Love you John Bell.

Then on Wednesday, Tommy and I had to go to another wake for a long time friend of the family. Now granted, this gentleman was 93, lived a long, wonderful life, but he was quite the man, farmer and family man. He will be greatly missed for his knowledge and humor. Putting him to rest on Thursday was emotional. I have a husband who has the gift of gab and he wanted to talk. I got nervous, he can go on, but he has such a blessed way of telling a story that he got us all to smile or laugh. God Bless you Wally Schultz.

Finally today we had to go to yet another memorial. Another friend, another passing. This one was a selectman up here in our local area. He was hard on himself physically, but it was still unexpected. He was only 57. He had a good life, hard living man, hard working man. God be with you Stanley Buzzell......

Yes, a hard week. A blessing week. I need to remember that there is more to life than just work. Love youall....

2 comments:

Alison said...

Hey Cuz...I love the new look and all the pics..I especially love the pic of you when you were a little tyke!!!

I am sorry your week was so long and draining. I wish I was there to give you a great big hug!!

I love you,
Al

Gradndma said...

Sherryl,
Love your Blog.
The pictures are great.
I am saving the one of
you and Tommy since I
don't have it!
Keep writing.
Love,
Auntie Eleanor

My Mom

My Mom
RIP

My Dad, me and Patty

My Dad, me and Patty